The God Matters education scheme is used throughout our school and is split up into different themes which are revisited and developed each year.
- Creation - Learning about the creation story and developing this learning to explore why we should look after God's creation.
- Prayer, Saints and Feasts - This unit explores our relationship with God and how we celebrate our Saints.
- Advent - Looks at how we prepare for Jesus birth
- Christmas - specifically looks at the story of Christmas and what it means to us.
- Sacraments - The children develop an understanding of each of the 7 sacraments within the Catholic Faith.
- Lent - Children develop an understanding of how we prepare for Jesus' death.
- Holy Week- Children will explore each of the different stages of Holy Week and empathise with Jesus' and the disciples feelings throughout this time.
- Easter - Children are given the opportunities to explore the sacrifice Jesus and God made at this time.
- Revelation - developing our knowledge of how we should follow God's laws and how we are waiting for Jesus to come again.